My name is Neil Middleton.
I'm an engineer at Heroku based in the UK.
I have been working on the as yet unreleased book 'Heroku' for O'Reilly ( preorder on Amazon).
I'm a massive fan of keeping things simple, straight-forward and bullshit free.
- Growing a leg
- Running Heroku applications in Europe
- H12s on Heroku - WTF?
- Doing DNS right with Heroku
- Using Rack::Timeout with Heroku
- The composability of buildpacks
- Developing with an environment
- Deploying to Heroku with Travis CI
- Writing is hard, so do it.
- Describing time
- Results of the Rails hosting survey 2012
- Multi-provider PaaSes - what exactly do they offer?
- Continuous deployment with Heroku
- Heroku / Asset Pipeline FAQ
- Creating custom image processors with Dragonfly
- Internationalisation with Rails 3
- The wonders of hStore
- Read-only filesystems are a good thing
- Why Heroku is a game changer
- Remember to timeout your tasks
- The Procfile is your friend
- Sharing databases between Heroku applications
- The myths of cloud hosting
- The dangers of A-records and Heroku
- Deploying topic branches to Heroku
- Getting more from your Heroku dynos
- Using webfonts in the asset pipeline
- Precompiling non-default assets with Rails 3
- How to do wildcard selectors with Sass
- Making Postgres STFU in Rails
- Social Media Burnout
- Avoiding Zombie Dynos With Heroku
- Regurgitating Search Engine Optimisation
- Day Rates Suck
- Improvisation - Techie Style
- Case Insensitive searching with PostgreSQL
- Forget Mobile The Web Is Where It's At
- A List Of Ideas For The Next Killer Web Application
- Don't be dependant
- Watch your users – they’re trying to tell you something…
- Why you shouldn't think of features to add to your application
- Why your requirements are wasting your money
- Storing And Formatting File Sizes In Rails
- Do users get markup?